Dec 4, 2012
Geno gave Dual Pixels this word about the Nintendo 3DS+, information he’s acquired amongst the development scene.
PLEASE NOTE: This could all be true right now, but all of it could change tomorrow because THATS how gaming development works. I am not in any way, shape, or form trying to cover my ass if things don’t turn out the way we said it would. The reason that I put this up is because I see truth in this, not so I can spread fake things just to get people excited.
– Nintendo 3DS+ –
Current Dimensions: 88mm x 148mm× 23.5mm
Top Screen: 4.2 Inches
Bottom Screen: 3.80 Inches
Internal 4 GB NAND flash memory, 2.5 GB for User
Planned Price: $200 for base unit with no SD Card, $250 with 4 GB SD Card and Bundled Game
Planned Release: Holiday 2014/ Holiday 2015
Upgraded Screens: New Autosteroptic 3D screen with anti glare and anti sunlight technology for a clear image. Has 24 viewing angle points at a wider radius for maximum viewing range in 3D. Up to three people can look at the upper screen in 3D with new screen.
Upgraded Cameras: Two 3D Camera rigs with four lenses total. Two 0.6 megapixle inward facing 3D lenses. Two 2 megapixle outward facing 3D lenses. Both 3D set ups eye’s width for more natural 3D. Single LED flash in between outer lenses for dark 3D photography.
Upgraded Microphones: Four microphone away with noise canalization technology on inward hinge. Hearing range between 8 to 10 feet. Works with OS software and select games.
Upgraded Controls: Second Circle Pad bult in. Circle Pads are very sturdy similar to Wii U GamePad Prototypes and are clickable (refereed to as C1 and C2 in documentation). Buttons are the same size and functions as on the Nintendo 3DS LL. White areas of the A, B, X, Y buttons, D-Pad and the edge of the Circle Pads now glow in the dark. Four trigger buttons on the back of the unit with L, R, Z1 and Z2 in similar deign to the Circle Pad Pro.
Better Connectivity: 802.11 N wireless technology for better range and connections. Has custom Bluetooth 4.0 chip so unit can be directly used as a Wii U controller with in range without sacrificing local wi-fi and internet usage. Current models have a free 2G chip that allows for eShop downloads, system updates SpotPasses and other low level online functions without needing a WiFi hotspot. Possible upgrade to a 3G chip with a Nintendo run Data Plan “Pay With Cards As You Go” system. NFC Chip built into the system.
New Form Factor: Base is thicker than Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS LL with a form factor resembling the Cirlce Pad Pro using a matte finish and rubberized grip. This also allows for extra chip functions, space for the Second Circle Pad hardware, a bigger RAM chip and a 3,300mAh battery. The bigger battery with the unit on full brightness and wireless on during gameplay allows for a 12 to 14 hours use before needing to recharge. Contains 3-axis Accelerometers, 3-axis Gyroscope and Magnetometer.
Upgraded OS: More RAM brings more robust functions to the Nintendo 3DS+ OS. SwapNote, a program now pre-loaded into every unit, StreetPass Mii Plaza, Nintendo Zone and eShop and System Settings can now be run while another app is suspended. Pre-loaded with new apps:
– Friend Finder: Finds active open Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS LL and Nintendo 3DS+ in range with the same app. You can select that persons Mii to view their Activity Log stat, see what they are currently playing/using and send basic messages. You can also send multiplayer requests to those who have save files for the game you have and if someone is playing the same multiplayer game you have to instantly join their game similar to the Friends List app. This app can be run while other applications are suspended.
– Google Chrome Browser: Current prototypes have a Nintendo 3DS+ optimized Google Chrome Browser that replaces the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS LL browser. Loads faster and can show more detail. Import bookmarks from PC version of Google Chrome. When not being used while an App is suspended, browser can display FLASH and HTML5 information.
– Social Mii: This app runs Nintendo 3DS+ optimized versions of Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and check E-Mail from GMail, Yahoo, Hotmail or AOL without having to load the internet browser. App can also spit out a six digit code so people can send text messages to the Nintendo 3DS via 2G/3G and possibly will have the function to send message to cell phones as well. Also can function while other apps are suspended.
– Skype: Allows the Nintendo 3DS to make Skype Calls, Video Chat and Text Chat with other Skype users on PC or Nintendo 3DS/Nintendo 3DS LL/ Nintendo 3DS+. If the Skype user is on a Nintendo 3DS/Nintendo 3DS LL/Nintendo 3DS+ they can view the Skype video call in 3D. Video Chat CANNOT BE ACCESSED when another app is suspended, only Text Chat and Skype Calls are supported in this instance.
– Hulu Plus
– Nintendo 3DS Photo can now send 2D photos directly to Facebook or Instagram.
The entire Nintendo 3DS+ OS functions and supported Apps can now be navigated by Voice Commands similar to X-Box Kinect. You can also teach your Nintendo 3DS+ it’s “Name” so you can use a unique word to activate commands rather than call it by the system name “3DS” such as “Bob” or “Dude”.
On System 2 Player Support — Half of the Nintendo 3DS+ base slides out to form a tethered second controller on a retractable wire. Has Two circle Pads, D-Pad, A, B, X, Y buttons, Start Button and a Mono Speaker. With the new viewing angle, this allows supported Nintendo 3DS games to have two players operate on one screen for Co-Op and VS gameplay. Demos of a Mario Kart: Double Dash game and Super Smah Bros for Nintendo 3DS+ have been tested using this feature and Nintendo plans to launch the system with these games. Third party support for this function will follow after with Ubisoft and Capcom on the first to know list.
Any updates regarding these rumors will be published first on our Facebook.