Rumor: Information On Next Gen Pokemon Games, Dubbed “Pokemon Plus” & “Pokemon Minus”

Next Gen Unreal Concept

Update 1/13/2014: Tweets made by author that express that the game isn’t necessarily for Wii U, and more information to come within the next two days.

A source that Dual Pixels has taken information from in the past, Geno, has claimed to have received information on the next Pokemon games. He claims that they will be dubbed “Pokemon Plus and Pokemon Minus” and has provided us with the following information. This comes from the same guy who leaked Castlevania: Mirrors of Fate being console bound, the Kingdom Hearts HD Remix, and countless information on E3. Not all of his rumors have come true. Despite this, a large amount of key ones have such as our leak about first and third party titles for E3 2013. Stay tuned as he has told us updates regarding this rumor are on the way.

Please keep in mind this could all be true right now, but all of it could change tomorrow because that is how the gaming industry works. The reason that I put this up is because I see truth in this. Also the feature image above is not supposed to be a screenshot, its just concept art made by an Unreal Engine Developer.

>GameFreak were one of the first development studios inside Nintendo to receive Alpha-Prototype hardware, now have been upgraded to the Beta-Prototype hardware above.

>Have a few areas marked out, TONS of concept art traveling between Pokemon Company and Nintendo Co Ltd.

>GameFreak plans to completely overhaul the basic systems of battle, simplifying the process.

>The development team is “going to put a lot of ideas they have wanted to do for years in this game”.

>Two versions already have code names, possibly final: Pokemon Plus and Pokemon Minus.

>Theme is “Old Tradition VS New Exploration”

>New region, no name yet, is based on South East Asia with one large peninsula and many smaller islands.

>Three new starters with no names: Water evolves into Water/Steel and is a squat, teardrop shaped humanoid that has a jar filled with on its head as it evolves it grows taller and the jar bigger until it needs another set of arms to hold it on it’s head. Fire evolves into Fire/Fairy and is a tiny cute goat with fire blowing out of its horns, it’s horns and look evolves more menacing until it has curly ram like horns and a motorcycle hot-rod-like look. Grass evolves into a Grass/Electric and starts with a leap for a face with a nubby root as a body and evolves until it grows into an electric producing palm tree with each flower petal having a different face.

>The main legendary for Pokemon Plus is a Shi Foo Lion-looking Psychic/Ground-type that has multiple faces, the Pokemon Minus legendary is a Ghost/Fairy type that has two dashes for eyes and is a hurricane-like appendages with many arms and hands.

>More traditional Pokemon-like gameplay will be on the Handheld controller while an all new gameplay aspect will be on the Terminal unit.

>The “Pokken Fighers” render that was teased was running on Alpha kits, Beta kits now have advance cell shading. Going for very detailed “living anime” look.

>The new “Team” villains are described as a bunch of “Sohei Zelots”-types who have discovered the player’s best friend as a reincarnation of a special type of person who only is alive every 100 years. They believe the old system where people were given a Pokemon egg and they stick to that Pokemon until they die and who’s function in society dictate what role that person is. They are against the “modern” trend of Pokemon Trainers and capturing multiple Pokemon and are making a holy pilgrimage to evoke the old Legendaries to turn everything back to normal. They keep the player away from their friend, saying the special one (who can do amazing things like mega evolve Pokemon without the use of a mega ring) only love is that of Pokemon and not people. It is planned to be reveal later that for the special one to fulfill their role in society they must be mortally sacrificed to awaken the legendaries.

>Routes connection the island together are water bridges but clumps of island are connected together by underwater tunnels.

>There is a “Stone Slowking” statue that is a parody of the Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho, Thailand.

>Many Pokemon from Hoenn and Sinnoh will make a return.

>Variety of Pokemon Gyms, one is a mail system that only uses flying types and focuses on sky battles. One only uses baby Pokemon, one is implied to be a real vampire and uses Ghost and Dark Pokemon. There is also a military like leader who uses Fire and Steel Pokemon.

>The island gameplay with Gym Leaders and the Elite Four island can be played entirely on the Handheld and can be blown up on the Terminal for home play.

>New Pokemon Type similar to Shinies, no details yet on how they work but I’ve been told they “change the game significantly”.

>The “Mainland” is an MMO-like environment that is exclusive to the Terminal and is shared by both versions.

>Players all over the world online can chat, trade, intermingle and experience new-updated story lines on the mainland.

>Pokemon Band is a new mechanic introduced to get people involved who do not battle, a co-operative experience where Pokemon dance and make music together to achieve the highest group score.

>Pokemon Bank are actual locations on the Mainland and Handheld areas where people can import past Pokemon, mainly from Pokemon X and Pokemon Y into the new game.

Note from the Dual Pixel’s staff:  Our servers are currently being overloaded with traffic, if you’re unable to access the site please like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter for future reference and updates.

My name is Alexander and I am a News Editor, Opinion Writer, and Nintendo/Sony Analyst here at Dual Pixels. When I write news articles, I write the news and nothing more. When I write opinion pieces, I share my opinion and try to make you, the reader, think. I have an Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo 3DS, PC, and PlayStation Vita. My favourite genres are RTS, RPG, and Adventure.

43 Comments

1. Erimgard

January 6, 2014 at 2:14 PM

So this is supposed to be on Wii U?

• brad a.

March 24, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I hope not otherwise im going to be very mad, i bought a whole new console to play x and y

2. Rovan

January 6, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Interesting

3. Elia Pales

January 6, 2014 at 2:26 PM

I believe it. That’d be a ton of info to make up for a made up game…

4. gabe

January 6, 2014 at 3:27 PM

hl3 confirmed

5. Aura Odum

January 6, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Considering it’s a console spin-off game, that wouldn’t be all too farfetch’d. :D

• Driger

January 7, 2014 at 7:54 AM

Finally, someone that can make good use of the farfetch’d joke (+ 1)

6. trunkmunky

January 6, 2014 at 5:08 PM

they arent replacing the system, just making it how every fan ive EVER talked to wishes it could be: a free-roam, first/third-person, 3d pokemon game with all the features of the originals just from a different point of view. even if it is fake, the idea alone is worth discussing.

7. Staffan Johansen

January 6, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Well, if this is fake – someone certainly has a vivid imagination. I think some of the ideas described for the next Pokémon game are quite interesting, I hope some of it come true! The Pokémon games need an overhaul – the battles mechanics are becoming a little boring and also the sound and music has not even been improved much in X & Y – sounds mostly like any Pokémon game from the past (much else is improved though).

• Karl Sheppard

January 30, 2014 at 4:30 PM

i totally agree
      i really hope some of it is true co i like all of it
      YAY
      5 by 5

8. pedroguy7182

January 7, 2014 at 2:52 AM

if this is true, i am soooooooooo getting minus.

9. James

January 7, 2014 at 4:06 AM

While I think the next generation of pokemon games will be the same as the rest; slight graphical improvement, slightly more 3D, some new pokemon etc etc. I like the whole premise of the information stated above, I like pokemon and while X+Y had some great innovative features in 3D world design, I feel that there is not that much change over time from Red and Blue

10. james

January 7, 2014 at 12:06 PM

If something sounds so ridiculous and too good to be true, it more than likely is. half the shit the leaker says sounds like he pulled it out of his ass. specifically the grass starter and the gyms and their types. “a gym that uses baby pokemon” that isn’t a type, that is a douchebag with shit out of his mouth and talking out of his asshole

• Jamesisafag

January 7, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Idiot or Troll? Leaks happen around this time EVERY YEAR, it’s coming from a trusted source who hasn’t lied before. What exactly makes you think this could really be fake? If you have a better source I’d love to see what you find out.

• Jamesisafagisafag

January 7, 2014 at 4:46 PM

“Never lied”
        Did you even read the first half of the article?

• Driger

January 7, 2014 at 10:35 PM

^ what the heck is going on?

• Jamesisafagisafagisafag

January 12, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Did you?

• R.J

March 1, 2014 at 7:31 PM

James you sir are a “ douchebag with shit out of your mouth and talking out of your asshole”(DICK LICKER)

11. Sarbof

January 7, 2014 at 5:12 PM

I like the idea of other subsets of gyms. Been waiting over 10 years for an eeveeloution gym and a flying-type eevee to lead my eevee army

• Driger

January 7, 2014 at 10:31 PM

What would be cool is, if there can be a flying type eevee that can use the hm fly, there would be a new fan made challenge saying you must use the eeveelutions ASAP throughout your entire game!!
      Would make quite a popular “lets play” series :)

• itsNekh

January 8, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Just perfect, this gets leaked just as my dad bans me from anything Pokemon for life(or until I move out).

• j

January 13, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Why would he ban you from Pokémon?

• Chris Hale

January 14, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Wow, your dad is either a hardcore genwoner, or you flipped out when you heard this. Honestly, if this is true, GameFreak is going too far.

12. Poop

January 7, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Same

13. VirizionRules

January 8, 2014 at 5:47 PM

I brought a 3ds so I could play Pokemon Y and now your telling me that the next pokemon games are on the WiiU!!! I hope this is not true.because i dont want to by a whole new console just because of one game. Plus the only new pokemon that sound is the fire starter and the lion legendary. Once again i hope this is not true.

• GokaiMarvelous

January 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Since when a possibly new pokemon game in the wii u will make you buy the wii u??
      They are not pointing a gun on you ….

14. ANSWER THIS

January 8, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Why did you get banned from being able to do anything Pokemon?

15. Shady Sjin

January 16, 2014 at 9:18 PM

While it sounds interesting, I absolutely detest most of the ideas presented here. Gamefreak simply would not deviate from the standard gym formats. There will never be dual type gyms, baby pokemon gyms, or anything of that sort. If I’m wrong, I’ll eat my words, but it’s simply too different from the entire pokemon formula for it to be even slightly plausible.

• Alex

February 14, 2014 at 8:01 AM

In Black & White, the first gym leaders would use the type of Pokemon that is strong against your starter. That was not standard, so it’s not that implausible. I still don’t know how true this leak is, but I wouldn’t dismiss it for that reason alone.

16. Indonesian boy (maybe)

January 25, 2014 at 11:12 AM

OMG yes!!! finnaly a pokemon game that inspired by my own country and my most hated religion (Islam) i think it’s for the new handheld console from nintendo called Fusion ds

• Pavan

February 28, 2014 at 3:16 PM

i feel it will be based on my home country of India. the peninsula, the concept of reincarnation, multiple headed pokemons, human sacrifices, the old stuff is better ideology and butthurt religious people, all that sounds a awful lot like home

• R.J

March 1, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Indonesian boy (maybe), we know who you are so quit being’ a douche.(oh lordy my country side is leakin’ out of my northern typin’ skills.(SHIT!=( )

17. Dragon

February 28, 2014 at 12:55 PM

ok, is it just me or is this starting to turn into one of those games that was good, but then they took it too far. Pokémon Z is starting to look awesome. Hope this isn’t true!

18. Pavan

February 28, 2014 at 3:12 PM

i don’t feel this is true, pokemon is a game for children and gamefreak certainly won’t make it so dark by adding the concept of human sacrifice in it. as respected the guy is who leaked this info i think he is wrong this time

19. Spottedcloud

March 2, 2014 at 8:19 AM

out of all Pokémon games, this one sounds like it sucks. I you believe that being transformed into a Pokémon and saving arcus from the pokeplaug is better than this, join me.

#Pokémon Sun
    #Pokémon Moon

20. Jasmine

March 2, 2014 at 10:12 PM

If this is really the last game
    *sobs*
    I would expect more mega evolutions
    They should make more eeveeloutions
    A new type
    An odd twist to the game
    And if you can go in all of the pokemon worlds
    Mweh

21. Joe

March 15, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Baby Pokémon mean egg Pokémon. Pokemon battle revolution. And sounds awesome too. This had better be real but there is a lot of info so it is probably real. :-)

22. thatshit

March 17, 2014 at 3:57 AM

This is fake. A mmo pokemon game, seriously. That wouldn’t even be a pokemon game.

23. newell

March 17, 2014 at 6:52 PM

GABE!!!!

24. Bob Saggot

March 26, 2014 at 2:32 PM

I believe its going to be for both 3ds and U and you can cross them, like the vita and PS. But I am sure they are going to use the Wii U for sure though because they need it to grab more attention to people

25. Paul Gurman (1bubbapizza)

April 6, 2014 at 6:16 PM

wait… terminal….new hardware. OMG! NINTENDO FUSION WAS FUCKING TRUE. if it is, this game has to be a launch title

26. Kaitlyn

April 7, 2014 at 12:08 PM

I don’t necessarily like the idea of “a new Pokemon type similar to shinies that will change the game significantly”. I could see it being like the Delta Pokemon in the card games, where you could have an electric-type Dratini, for instance. However, I just see this leading to hacking if they’re going to be rare and significant enough to make regular Pokemon inferior.
    I do not think that the battle format should be messed with. The changes they’ve made thus far have sculpted a popular, successful, unique and challenging metagame. Why mess with it? The battle mechanics make Pokemon what it is.
    Also, a humanoid starter? Really?

27. Blue eyes white dragon rider

April 8, 2014 at 9:55 AM

not to mention that the gym leader would change depending on your choice, I would like to see brock pull out a grass type just because I chose squrtle