Kerberos Productions Announces “Mind Games” Expansion For “Sword of the Stars: The Pit”
Coming to a computer near you: Mind Games. Kerberos Productions, the creators of the Sword of the Stars: The Pit, are pleased to announce a new expansion for their popular science-fiction roguelike.
The Mind Games expansion for Sword of the Stars: The Pit will add new playable characters, new game mechanics and new content to the sleeper hit among PC gamers. The announcement of the expansion in development follows a surge of sales and player response that exceeded the expectations of the game’s small but dedicated dev team when they released The Pit in March of 2013.
“We have just been blown away by the fan response to The Pit,” says Lead Designer and Kerberos CEO Martin Cirulis, “And we’re thrilled to have the opportunity to grow The Pit bigger, better and nastier for the players!”
The Pit is the first independent title to be published by Kerberos Productions. The game’s early development was crowd-funded via a successful Indiegogo campaign in October of 2012, and the game has since found an appreciative international audience.
The Mind Games expansion for Sword of the Stars: The Pit will be released as a paid Beta in June of 2013, to allow the developers to incorporate player feedback. The finished product will be released to a general audience in July of 2013.
- 2 New Playable Characters to choose from! In addition to the original game’ Marine, Pilot and Engineer characters, a new Human Psion is added and the first playable alien — the Tarka Ranger
- 10 New Floors of ancient, evil science to beat — in addition to the original 30
- New Room Types, including Open Artificial Areas
- New traps, new weapons, new items, and new recipes
- New game mechanics, including Psionic Powers
- New Psionic monsters and enemies drawn from the Sword of the Stars universe
- 2 New Play Modes, “Infinite” Mode and “Seriously?” Mode — a Level of Difficulty Beyond Insane
- Expanded Meta-Game aspects, including the Ability to “Bank” XP and spare items during one session and start the next run of the game on a deeper level, with your “Banked” starting equipment.
Web page: http://sots-thepit.com/