Gran Turismo 6: Everything You Need (And Want) To Know
Today has been a very news filled day for Gran Turismo. Here is everything you need, and want, to know
So far, Gran Turismo 6 has been confirmed as a PS3 game and will be released sometime Holiday 2013. Sony also confirmed that they have a PlayStation 4 version of Gran Turismo “in mind.” No specific dates have been given. It will feature a new physics, aerodynamic, tire, and suspension systems and models.
All of this goes together with a leak that a new partnership with KW Automotive, a suspention company, and tire manufacturer Yokohama Rubber have helped create GT6’s new systems. As for online events, you will be able to create your own tornaments that can be completed online.
The new UI is focused on quick responses and faster load times. All tracks and cars from GT5 will be brought to GT6. The total car count is at 1,200.There will be 33 tracks with 71 different layouts, 19 of them are brand new. Ironically, this whole announcement was made at the famous UK Silverstone Circuit, where Kazunori Yamauchi said “It is amazing to think that it is 15 years since we first released Gran Turismo.”
Thanks to GTPlanet, here is a summary of all the new features.
New Game Engine
- Compact, nimble operation
- Flexible expandability
- A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3
New Physics Engine
- New suspension and kinematics model
- New tyre model
- New aerodynamics model
- Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive
1,200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC
- From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.
- Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.
- Players can create their own personalised custom car in the game.
- Cars will be continually added online
33 locations, 71 layouts
- 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5).
- More new tracks will continue to be provided online
New Course Maker
- Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
- A new course generation algorithm
- Players can form their own communities
- Various community levels from local and domestic to global
- Players themselves can create and manage their own online events
New User Interface
- Balancing directional key operation and touch operation
- Quick response
- Shortening of loading times
Multi Device Compatibility
- Smart Phone
More info and news about GT6 will be revealed at 2013 E3 and Gamescom.
(Click to enlarge image)