iPhone 7 Drops Today, Quick Guide
Although successful in their conquest for pop culture appeal, Apple still lags behind in the technological freeway that is the smartphone industry. The iPhone 7 was just revealed last Wednesday sporting arguably mediocre improvements over the previous 6 & 6S iterations; however like many other releases, fans will be indulging with another Apple pastry. It drops today. Here’s the breakdown if you’re looking for a new iPhone:
The iPhone 7 looks remarkably similar to the iPhone 6 series sporting a sleek aluminum unibody design, but the 7 is more easily identifiable because of the removal of the white horizontal cellular antenna line seen below the camera. The antenna is now along the top and bottom bezel. The body of the iPhone 7 is a little more durable with a rating of IP67, in elementary terms, it is waterproof up to 1 meter underwater for as long as 30 minutes. iPhone 7’s home button is also haptic, meaning it is no longer a physical press however it will feel like one via vibrational feedback.
- Screen Resolution is the same 1,334 x 750 pixels on the standard version, 1,920 x 1,080 pixels on the 7 plus
- No headphone / aux port – Apple will provide a lighting converter in box
- Dual speakers (top & button) for stereo audio
- Storage space has been doubled – (16/64/128GB) is now 32/128/256GB.
- Processor is called the A10 Fusion sporting a dual core CPU setup 40% faster than the iPhone 6s & GPU power 50% faster than the 6s
- 7mp selfie / FaceTime camera on both models
- New camera @ 12-megapixel resolution, optical image stabilization for both the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
- iPhone 7 Plus has a dual-lens rear camera that provides additional zoom and depth-of-field capability
- Battery up to 2 hours longer than the 6S models
- Available Now