AT&T Audience Network presents the Mr. Mercedes Immersive Experience at SDCC
AT&T Audience Network has brought us the first fan experience for San Diego Comic Con outside of the convention walls, The Mr. Mercedes Immersive Experience, a “fully Interactive Activation With Never-Before-Seen Mixed Reality Game Experience.”
As revealed in their press release, AT&T Audience Network describes what fans can expect in the Mr. Mercedes experience. “The ‘Mr. Mercedes Immersive Experience’ will give fans a glimpse into the past and a peek into the future of the AT&T AUDIENCE Network original series based on the trilogy by Stephen King. Fans can be the first to play the virtual reality (VR) escape room game, ‘Mr. Mercedes: Lair Escape,’ on the HTC Vive Pro – the next generation of VR headsets. In the ‘Mr. Mercedes: Finders Keepers’ augmented reality (AR) adventure game, they’ll collect clues to unlock never-before-seen content and special prizes.”
“The ‘Mr. Mercedes Immersive Experience’ will include:
- Augmented Reality Adventure Game – Download the app to embark on an AR-driven investigation helping Detective Bill Hodges crack the case and claim a reward if you succeed.
- Virtual Reality Escape Room Game – Be fully immersed in a virtual escape room inside Brady’s lair. Escape before time runs out or you’re trapped forever!
- Recreating the Physical World of ‘Mr. Mercedes’ – The show’s set designers are recreating Finders Keepers, Mercy General Hospital and Brady’s lair using actual props.
- Bringing Brady to Life Through Projection Mapping – 3-D light projection will creepily bring Brady to life in his hospital bed. Is he in a coma or did you just see him move?
- Lenticular Photo Experience – This photo op will transform the participant’s face into Brady’s along with a socially shareable GIF.
- Private Screening Room – Media, VIP and lucky fans will get the chance to watch a sneak peek of season 2.”
This should be music to fans ears, especially those who didn’t get tickets to the convention. This is our first peek at one of the experiences to be outside of the convention. The best part of this experience is that fans have the opportunity to pre-register for the experience at att.com/MrMercedesSDCC. Fans who pre-register will receive a commemorative pin and a chance to get a fast pass. This is the first time that we’ve seen an experience allow fans to pre-register, even if it is only for a chance at a fast pass. Considering how crowded these experiences get, this may be the best way to ensure fans have a chance to see as much as possible during the always packed convention.
The Mr. Mercedes Immersive Experience is located at 643 G St, San Diego, CA 92101 and will be open Thursday, July 19 – Saturday, July 21 from 10am-6pm each day. AT&T Audience Network also confirmed that they will have a panel during the convention to talk about season two of Mr. Mercedes. The date and time of the panel as well as who will come have yet to be determined. Mr. Mercedes’ second season will premiere on AT&T Audience Network Wednesday August 22nd at 10pm ET/PT.