Sony has officially announced that The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered is coming out in January of next year. If you were curious and felt like The Last of Us Part 2 just came out, it kind of did. The original came out June 19, 2020.
What Will The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered Include?
According to Jonathon Dornbush (Editorial Content Manager of Naughty Dog) on the PlaystationBlog, the Remastered will feature a new mode, a host of new features and take further advantage of the PS5.
Here’s a list of all optimizations and additions that will be coming for The Last of Us 2 Remastered.
- Improved load times.
- Native 4K output in Fidelity Mode.
- 1440p upscaled to 4K in Performance Mode.
- Unlocked Framerate option for TVs that support VRR.
- Increased texture resolution.
- Increased Level-of-Detail distances.
- Improved shadow quality.
- Animation sampling rate.
- DualSense wireless controller haptic feedback and adaptive triggers integration.
- New Accessibility additions like the inclusion of Descriptive Audio and Speech to Vibrations.
- Ability to unlock bonus skins for Ellie, Abby, and their weapons.
- Photo mode updates like dynamic lighting, Frame Forward, Gaze Direction, and frame and logo options
- No Return is a new mode that is similar to a rogue-like experience set in The Last of Us 2 universe.
- Never before played as characters.
- Progression unlocks more characters, and skins.
- Global leaderboard.
- Guitar Free Play mode, which will let you strum the strings across a host of unlockable instruments using various modulator effects.
- Behind-the-Scenes features that gives a glimpse into TLoU2 creation and a look at a few cut levels.
How Much will Part 2 Remastered Cost?
- Luckily, the game will feature a $10 upgrade for gamers that already own Part 2.
- There is a W.L.F. edition which comes with the following:
- Steelbook Case.
- 47 Total Society of Champions Trading Cards (8 being limited edition holo)
- Washington Liberation Front Path.
- Four Enamel Pins.
- As of right now, there isn’t a confirmed price on the W.L.F. edition. I imagine it would come in at the new game price of $70.
While I think it’s far too early for any sort of remaster, a $10 upgrade for the new mode seems fairish. It is nice that we are getting a new mode to further satiate our appetite as we get further and further from the release date of Factions. That is, if that is ever seeing the light of day.
The Last of Us 2 Remastered is releasing for PS5 on January 19, 2024. You can find more information on the PlayStation Blog.