Of what probably spawned as an “a-ha” moment, Majesco presents NBA Baller Beats, Kinect’s next big game. Today, Majesco entertainment with the help of Kenny “The Jet”, Essence Carson and young basketball prodigy Jashaun Agosto previewed the title. So what exactly is NBA Baller Beats? In collaboration with the NBA, of course, Majesco has created a brand new motion experience utilizing the fundamental skills of basketball to create what feels like a cross between Dance Central and Guitar Hero.
NBA Baller Beats at its core is a rhythm game. 2-time NBA Champion, Kenny “The Jet” Smith who has worked with Majesco on the game probably wouldn’t of have expected it, but with today’s technology in motion gaming, his summer camp drills would make for an interesting game that could actually improve your basketball skills. “I would take a basketball and dribble to a beat and then I would have kids rap”; Kenny would give kids at camp free gear if they could rap to the beats dribbled, except this time around they’d probably earn achievements.
NBA Baller Beats is both responsive to motion and rewarding to play. Dribbling the ball felt very natural to the tempo of the song, they are alsoÂ supplementedÂ with plenty of cross over, behind the back, pump fakes, and other dribbles that are probably not in everyone’s basketball skill-set. Luckily, NBA Baller Beats comes with 3 tiers of play,Â Rookie and Pro are best to start at in order for you to work your way upÂ to Baller status.Â Individual songs such as “Tricky” – Run DMC also have difficulty ratings; regardless of the players ball skills, NBA Baller Beats was geared towards entry level players and for those who want to work their way up. Single player, practice (Move School mode), and versus up to 8 players is available.
Your efforts in NBA Baller Beats will be rewarded with unlockable songs, environments,Â difficultyÂ levels, NBA posters, and Â trading cards featuring some NBA star’s greatest moments. The tracklist for the game totals at 30 with genres including Rock, Old School Classics, and Hip Hop (Full tracklist below).
NBA Baller Beats launches September 11th, 2012 exclusively on Kinect for Xbox 360. The game comes with an officiallyÂ licencedÂ Spalding replica basketball so you’re ready to play out the box for $59.99. We can’t wait to give a full verdict on the game once it launches, for now, check out the video preview below.
Footage courtesy of our sister siteÂ Typical BS
NBA Baller BeatsÂ full on-disc track list:
- â€œAccess Hollywoodâ€ â€“ Consequence
- â€œAutobioticsâ€ â€“ Calling All Cars
- â€œCanonâ€ â€“ Justice
- â€œChampionship Feverâ€ â€“ Najee
- â€œDisparate Youthâ€ â€“ Santigold
- â€œDonâ€™t Sweat the Techniqueâ€ â€“ Eric B. and Rakim
- â€œGet Ur Freak Onâ€ â€“ Missy Elliott
- â€œItâ€™s Okâ€ â€“ Cee-Lo Green
- â€œMusic Makes Me Feel So Goodâ€ â€“ Static Revenger
- â€œNight By Nightâ€ â€“ Chromeo
- â€œO.N.E.â€ â€“ Yeasayer
- â€œRoll Upâ€ â€“ Wiz Khalifa
- â€œSatelliteâ€ â€“ Rise Against
- â€œSo Goodâ€ â€“ B.o.B.
- â€œSurf Hellâ€ â€“ Little Barrie
Previously announced tracks:
- â€œAmazingâ€ â€“ Kanye West ft. Young Jeezy
- â€œAnother One Bites the Dustâ€ â€“ Queen
- â€œBangarangâ€ â€“ Skrillex ft. Sirah
- â€œBlue Skyâ€ â€“ Common
- â€œBust A Moveâ€ â€“ Young MC
- â€œChillinâ€ â€“ Wale ft. Lady Gaga
- â€œCâ€™Mon Catch â€˜Em By Surpriseâ€ â€“ Tiesto vs. Diplo ft. Busta Rhymes
- â€œItâ€™s Trickyâ€ â€“ Run DMC
- â€œLet It (Edit Remix)â€ â€“ Machine Drum ft. Melo X
- â€œNew Fangâ€ â€“ Them Crooked Vultures
- â€œObstacle 1â€ – Interpol
- â€œParty Rock Anthemâ€ â€“ LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett and GoonRock
- â€œSlamâ€ â€“ Onyx
- â€œStyloâ€ â€“ Gorillaz
- â€œTightropeâ€ â€“ Janelle Monae