If you were playing God of War recently (almost everyone is) and wondered “wow this moment would look great let me take a picture at this angle”. Well Sony Santa Monica is now making that all possible with the release of their own Photo Mode which let’s you jump into the directors chair and gives you tons of options.
Photo Mode lets you access it features through the options menu or enabling the touch pad quick access through the settings menu. Once turned on players can navigate usingÂ the Left and Right Thumb Sticks to navigate around the scene, and use the R2 and L2 buttons to pan up or down. You can move the camera back to its original position at any time by pressing Square.
There are five tabs in Photo Mode that will let your creative juices flow these include five options:
- Camera: Adjust the Field of View, Focal Length, and Camera Roll.
- Aperture: Adjust the Depth of Field, Focus Distance, and F-Stop.
- Filters: Adjust the Film Grain, Exposure, Filter, and Filter Intensity options.
- Borders: Add a Vignette and adjust the Vignette Intensity, and Vignette Falloff. This includes a variety of Border styles and the official God of War logo.
- Characters: Toggle the visibility of Kratos, Atreus, and all other characters in the scene. And my personal favorite, weâ€™ve added the ability to change Kratos and Atreusâ€™s facial expressions!
God of War Photo Mode will be available later today in the upcoming patch 1.20. So snap away at the beautiful scenery and those who already completed the game, listen to our upcoming podcast on God of War with our thoughts and spoilers of course of one of the most epic games this generation. Stay tuned for that later this week on Dual Pixels.